Happy Friday to you again. Don't the weeks just fly by? Here are my top 5 favorite things for the week.
1. I got to enjoy a day of shopping with the girls. After having Brodey attached to my hip after his tonsil surgery I was SO ready for a day away, and I enjoyed every minute of it (every mom needs days to herself). I'd been wanting to get Brodey a "Big Brother" shirt for his "Big Brother Survival Kit" (will be posting this soon) and I found a shirt for him an matching onsie for Wyatt. PERFECT! I also found these cute earrings. I never buy accessories for myself, so it was nice to get a few pairs of earrings, a bracelet, and a headband. Go me!
2. I don't live near a good fabric shop. I live on a dirt road in the country. I've actually had people say to me "Wow, you live in the middle of nowhere, how can you stand it?" Oh, I can stand it very well actually. But there are times that I wish I could just run over to Jo-Ann's, but it's a good 45-50min drive. I made it there this week though and found some cute fabric that inspired me to make a quilt. I came right home and started designing. At first I got out my graph paper and started sketching, but even with this paper I had uneven lines. I'm too anal for that. So I opened up my Excel spreadsheet and used that. It worked for what I needed it to do. I was pleased and can't wait to get going on this quilt.
3. I love Bluegrass music. Love, love love it. I discovered a new station on Pandora this week "Doyle Larson & Quicksilver". I've been enjoying it all week. Good music makes cleaning much more enjoyable!
4. I now have three of these coat hangers throughout my home. I love them. They were all made by a local Mennonite family. This one in particular I have been wanting to hang up for about 3 months now. It took 5 minutes to do (I'm such a procrastinator). So glad it is up! It is the new home to my aprons in the kitchen.
5. I hit the 35 week mark in my pregnancy this week! I still have lots of little things I'd like to get done, but this week I got the pack n' play scrubbed and vacuumed, I got all the baby clothes organized and put away in the nursery, and last night I made a trip to town to get all of the toiletries and other things that I'll need to get my hospital bag packed. I want to make sure I'm ready if this little guy comes early. I have to say a HUGE THANK YOU to my friend Paula that has let me borrow the bassinet accessory for the pack n' play. Mine is M.I.A. and hers not only fit my pack n' play, it matches perfectly! I was very excited about this.
Have a great weekend!